Monday 7 July 2014

DIY: Make up organiser

So today is something a little bit different. Recently I had a sort out of the place where I keep my make up, hair accessories, moisturisers and hand cream etc and I moved alot of it and got rid of some stuff so I had more space. Before I kept all my make up it a big make up bag but I didn't like that I couldn't see what I had so first decided to have a look on line at make up storage and saw some acrylic make up drawers which I really liked but didn't want to pay loads. As I was searching I came across some make up organisers that were made out of boxes. They were really simple decorated boxes with dividers in so I decided to give it a go and here is the result...

Before

After


This is how I did...
You will need:

  • 1 Cereal box
  • Ruler
  • Pen
  • Scissors
  • Glue
  • Patterned and plain papers
  • Cardboard
  1. First open both ends of your cereal box and then measure and cute the sides in half so you have two halves.

2. Next get rid of one half and then lay out the box (the outside facing up) and decorate the edges and and bottom with patterned or plain paper of your choice.


3. After that glue the corners together to make a tray and trim the ends if they are too tall.


4. Then cover the inside with paper. (thinking about it now I probably should have done this before I glued the box together)


5. Then make the dividers from cardboard. Do this by measuring the length and width of the box and trimming a little more off so it fits in the box. Then cut slots in the cardboard and slot them together along the centre piece of cardboard. You can choose how big you want each compartment.


6. Finally sit the dividers in the box. You don't need to glue them in as they should stand up in the box on their own.





I think its a great way to see all your make up and separate everything. I put my lipsticks in one, foundations, concealers and mascaras in one, eye shadows and bronzer in another two, powder and blushers in one and eye liners and other things in the last one. I also just have a pot at the side with lip crayons, pencil eye liners and lip glosses.






No comments:

Post a Comment