Tuesday 29 July 2014

My first Birchbox and what I got in my July box

Today's post is about the monthly subscription beauty box, Birchbox. I have never subscribed to a beauty box and after getting my first one I wish I had done it before now! I was very impressed with it and loved every thing I got in it. I love beauty products and getting them delivered to my door every month is so good! I actually bought my Birchbox with an offer which was on the Living Social website (link here). My Auntie was the one who emailed me the offer that she found out about through a friend and I am so grateful she did. I got 6 months subscription for £38 including post and packaging which is amazing as the original price is £77.70! Like I keep saying in previous posts I love a bargain and this definitely was a very good one! (Click here to go to the offer, sorry if its no longer on by the time you click this).


The box came just two days after I ordered it which I was very surprised by as it said on the conformation email I received that I could wait up to 5 days. The box came wrapped in a piece of cardboard which I thought was the actual box until I opened it, but no the box was inside. The box is just a simple cardboard box with a pattern inside the lid and base.


The products come in a little fabric drawstring bag which the Birchbox logo on. I like this as its not a plastic bag and it means I can reuse the bag for something else. 


Inside the box there is also a few informational cards. Some of the cards included are one about some of the products and one with all the products included in your box with the price of the full size version and how to use it. It also came with card telling me about the points system they have on their website. It says for everything you review you get 5 points.The points are worth money so when you get 100 points it means you have £10 to spend on the website to buy full size versions that you get in your box and other beauty and skincare products they sell. You also get points for every pound you spend which I think is a great idea. I worked it out and if I do the reviews for every product I get over the 6 months I will get 150 points so that is £15 to spend on the website!


It says on the website you get 4 to 5 samples but this box had an extra. It also had one full sized item. It is a random selection and not everyone gets the same things and this is what was in mine:
Compagnie de Provence Mediterranean sea hand cream
Balance Me wonder eye cream
Laqa and Co Lip Lube pencil in Bees Knees (Coral)
Benefit The Porefessional 
Soigne Nail Lacquer in Pomegranate (full sized)
 The Chia Co - Chia shot (extra one)

Overall I am very happy with it and I have already started using the products I got and I am liking them. I can't wait to receive the other boxes now and I will now be doing what I got in my Birchbox blog posts from now on. 

HOW TO GET POINTS ON THE BIRCHBOX WEBSITE
If you want to subscribe to Birchbox then click on this link
It gets you 50 points which is £5 to spend on the website and I get 50 points too for referring you to the website so everyone wins! 




1 comment:

  1. Lovely selection of goodies - I love Benefit's Porefessional :) Fab discount too! :)

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete